Google recently made some changes to Gmail with the new default organizing system.
When we subscribe to things, especially coupons, We want to see them in our inbox, not filtered by an algorithm from Google.Dictating how things should be filtered in your inboxes is digital despotism, a form of technical tyranny where a company decides where our subscriptions should be sorted and how much focus they deserve.
Besides, no default interface designed for the masses is going to make us more productive.
For productivity is about how we handle our overall life agenda not just our inbox.
If you receive emails from us and want to ensure you get our coupon emails, samples & freebies in the future, including all our announcements giving away, then take immediate action:
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open your Gmail and notice the new “tabbing” setup.
2. Click the “Promotions” tab.
3. Look for any emails from PrintingFreeCoupons. If you see one, drag it to the “Primary” folder.
4. A question will pop up asking if you want this done automatically in the future. Click YES.
We really appreciate your help on this. We want to stay in touch!
Personally, we’re not allowing them to control our inbox. If you want to completely remove these new tabs – We sure did – then:
1. Go to the Settings box in the upper right hand corner of your inbox and choose “Settings.”
2. Click on the “Inbox” tab, then unselect all categories except “Primary.”
If you have a “buyers list” or any other email list that you communicate to regularly, then we suggest that you notify them of this change as well.